Weight loss is not the exception. It also involves taking the proper actions in ways that need to be perfectly planned to bring satisfying results. Here are the four key elements you will need for making your weight loss plan a success.
How To Lose Weight Properly
1. Create Your Personalized Plan
Okay, so let’s assume that your weight is somewhere around 20% above the considered normal for your height. You tend to eat more than 5 regular meals a day. You’re certain that you’re obese or at least overweight. Now, the question is, how much weight do you want to lose and in what amount of time?
Setting a goal is the first step in planning for weight loss. Know what you want to accomplish. This way, the road you are taking is clear. You can keep track of your journey and whether or not you are going along in the right direction. With a goal in mind, you are always motivated to finish a task, or in some cases, to start doing it. Make sure your goal is specific and realistic.
Now, How will you accomplish it? Planning involves proper scheduling of activities to be done throughout the whole day for a certain period of time including exercises, meals, sleeping and waking. It comprises of the time these activities should be done, the duration and in the case of eating meals, the food to be consumed and what amounts. This way, inappropriate spur-of-the-moments decisions can be avoided.
2. Exercise Regularly
In case you don’t know, exercising regularly is the most effective way to lose weight. Dieting is another way to do it and people choose it very often because it helps them to achieve weight loss very quickly. The problem with dieting is that, in most cases, when dieters return to their old eating habits they gain back all the weight they had lost, which may be very frustrating. That is why you should try exercising regularly and changing your eating habits gradually instead of following diets that will not help you maintain your weight in the long run.
If you are the kind of person who likes doing nothing but sitting and watching TV when you come back home from work, it is going to be hard to start with an exercise program. However, you can start doing this 10-minute exercise program and you will feel and look a lot better. Then, once you begin noticing the changes it will be easier for you to get on exercising more often.
After some time you will notice that exercising has become a habit, and at that very moment you can begin to increase the amount and intensity of the activity you are doing. For example, if you have started by walking, you should try, after some weeks, running a little bit. It does not matter how much you increase, you should do it bit by bit.
When you are exercising with the intention of losing weight, it is very important to bear in mind that the most important thing is getting healthier and not just reducing pounds. You have to know that it could be very probable for you to gain some weight when you start exercising just because you are augmenting your muscle mass and muscle are heavier than fat. Yet, when you acquire more muscles, you also use more calories every day. Therefore, even if you do not change your diet, you will still be losing weight.
3. Eat Healthy (Don’t Starve)
It’s vital to have a very healthy food intake if you want to have enough energy to go through your workout sessions. This doesn’t mean eating less frequently or sticking only to vegetables for the rest of your life. It means choosing your food wisely and control how you eat it. The following tips will help you to drop your extra pounds, become more energetic and healthier, without having to go on a diet.
- Drink More Water. Our bodies need a lot of water. Water removes waste from our organisms and carries various nutrients into all our organs and cells. Your body needs approximately 3-5 liters of water during one day. So don’t hesitate to drink plenty of water wherever and whenever you can.
- Start your day with a glass of water in the morning.
- Drink a glass of water before any meal.
- Take a bottle of water with you when you go to work.
- Eat Fruits and Drink Fruit Juices. Eating fruits and juices helps you eliminate toxins from your body. Eating a variety of fruits also helps you get enough fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants. That’s why you should eat fresh fruits and drink natural fruit juices as often as possible.
- Eat Lots of Vegetables. When it comes to losing extra pounds, vegetables are a great choice. They are natural and contain different vitamins, minerals and tons of other useful chemicals known to provide benefits for your body. Vegetables are low in fat and calories; they help control blood glucose levels, reduce blood cholesterol and reduce the risk of colon and other cancers. All these features also help control your weight effectively.
- Eat small but frequent meals throughout the day. You’ve heard it a million times, I’m sure, but facts remain: In order to keep an even level of blood sugar, you have to eat small, balanced meals.
- Schedule “cheating” days to stay sane. No matter how motivated you are when you start out, you’ll have days when everything is darkness and the world is out to get you. Make sure to get a treat once a week on a set day (Saturday is good) as it gives you something to look forward to. A juicy burger is fatty and calorie-dense, but if you prepare by doing extra exercise for three days in advance you’ll come in right on target for the week.
That being said, if you’re looking for fast results, you may start following this 2-week diet program and after you’re done, simply follow these eating habit tips mentioned above.
4. WRITE IT DOWN
It seems simple, but its one of the most overlooked tips in shedding fat. People who record what they exercise, day by day, what they eat, meal by meal, not only make better choices, but cheat less and eat fewer total calories. Writing it down keeps you honest, makes you challenge yourself more and is a tool for reminding you that getting lean is a day-by-day process.
Remember that all these tips will help you lose weight, but only if you are determined and are ready to devote some of your time. Don’t expect to slim down 4 sizes after eating 5 carrots and drinking orange juice.
Your body, just like many things in this world, needs time. So be patient. And honestly, if you plan this well, you are going to change your lifestyle, which will lead you to the thinner and healthier body you’re looking for.
SUGGESTED PROGRAMS FOR FAST RESULTS